The Great Barrier Reef allows couples to explore islands that are unheard of. If you’re looking to spend your honeymoon, then Great Barrier Reef is perfect that lets you pick some of the best islands in the world. These are few of them.
- Lizard Island – This Island is home to over 24 sandy beaches. The name Lizard Island is derived due to the continuous occurrence of local lizards throughout the island. You can also witness some of the best marine species, tropical birds or enjoy a romantic picnic.
- Heron Island –The Heron Island is a small southern island which is home to myriad sea birds and marine turtles that come here to lay their eggs. The unique quality of this island is the resorts have no television set.
- Orpheus Island –You can arrive at this island on a helicopter. The water is absolutely stunning and with the help of boat ride, you’ll be able to witness thousands of tropical fish species.
- Fitzroy Island –The Island is known for its clear waters, wild mangroves and center for turtle rehabilitation. This island also has a few campsites that allow guests to relax.
- Bedarra Island –Home to white sandy beaches and clear blue waters Bedarra Island is like a magical land. Along with witnessing marine species, there are other activities for couples like kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling and sky diving.
All these islands can serve as top honeymoon destinations for couples.