Many people are enjoying recipes with soy milk as an alternative to dairy milk. In addition to containing heart healthy plant sterols, soy milk is a preferred beverage for those with lactose intolerance.
Soy milk provides numerous health benefits ranging from helping menopausal symptoms to protecting the heart, according to the American Heart Association. Healthy smoothie recipes are easy and quick to make.
For either of these recipes with soy milk, there are a variety of soy milks to choose from. Plain does not have any added sugar in it. All other varieties have sugars added. If sugar content is a concern to you, simply purchase the plain variety and add more fruit. You also may want to make these healthy smoothies with chocolate soy milk. The choice is yours.
My natural foods cooking classes also received great reviews when using these recipes. Enjoy!
Banana Orange Smoothie
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup orange juice, or juice of two freshly squeezed oranges
- 2 cups soy milk, plain or vanilla
- Place all ingredients into blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: You may want to use 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate in place of the orange juice.
- NOTE: If you freeze the banana prior to using it, your smoothie recipe will be more ice cream like.
- Tropical Mint Delight Healthy Smoothie
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup pineapple, fresh or in juice
- pineapple juice, adjust to taste
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 cups soy milk, plain
- 1 T mint leaves, freshly chopped
Place all ingredients into the smoothie machine. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.