Picture this: A private beach villa on the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef, snug between two palm fringed coves, far away from civilization. A private tidal pool with waters invitingly warm where you can laze in the warmth of the sunlight or chill with your favourite cocktail under the canopy of a billion stars. And that is just a tiny part of the beauty and bliss you can experience at EastBedarra- among the best island honeymoon destinations you can find.
The Honeymoon Retreat
The East Bedarra Island Retreat offers one of the most private Great Barrier Reef honeymoon destinations in Queensland. The beach villa stands literally on the waters of the Reef and you can lounge indoors to the accompanying sound of the waves.
Outdoors, you can throw yourself into an array of marine activities like snorkelling, kayaking or fishing. Snorkelling with sea turtles and colourful coral fishes is one of those items featuring on bucket lists worldwide.
This island is dotted with look-out spots where you can settle down with the love of your life and immerse into the majestic sunset which sets the aflame and then gives way to the night sky blazing with stars.
The Best Island Honeymoon Destinations in Australia
The seclusion, luxury and warmth on offer at the East Bedarra honeymoon retreat, Queensland promises you a once in a lifetime experience. Let your worries and the world outside melt away as you share days of sheer bliss with your better half at this island retreat.
The Great Barrier Reef allows couples to explore islands that are unheard of. If you’re looking to spend your honeymoon, then Great Barrier Reef is perfect that lets you pick some of the best islands in the world. These are few of them.
- Lizard Island – This Island is home to over 24 sandy beaches. The name Lizard Island is derived due to the continuous occurrence of local lizards throughout the island. You can also witness some of the best marine species, tropical birds or enjoy a romantic picnic.
- Heron Island –The Heron Island is a small southern island which is home to myriad sea birds and marine turtles that come here to lay their eggs. The unique quality of this island is the resorts have no television set.
- Orpheus Island –You can arrive at this island on a helicopter. The water is absolutely stunning and with the help of boat ride, you’ll be able to witness thousands of tropical fish species.
- Fitzroy Island –The Island is known for its clear waters, wild mangroves and center for turtle rehabilitation. This island also has a few campsites that allow guests to relax.
- Bedarra Island –Home to white sandy beaches and clear blue waters Bedarra Island is like a magical land. Along with witnessing marine species, there are other activities for couples like kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling and sky diving.
All these islands can serve as top honeymoon destinations for couples.
Bedarra Island is a small, honeymoon island located in the Family Islands National Park in Queensland, Australia. As an island that insists on privacy, there are a few rules that are followed on Bedarra Island.
- Do not bring pets – Bedarra Island is located in the Family Islands National Park and therefore, do not allow pets. This is mainly to keep the local wildlife safe and undisturbed.
- Do not bring kids – Bedarra Island is a honeymoon island. As a general rule, Kids below 16 years of age are not allowed on the island.
- Footwear is optional – The sands of Bedarra Island are silky smooth and clean. The island is all natural and kept clean and healthy. Footwear is optional since you can walk around the island barefoot easily. Besides, if you are arriving by water taxi, you will have to walk in the shallows.
- Do feast – Bedarra Island offers amazing fresh local cuisine. Breakfast has a large spread; lunch and dinner are a three course gourmet meal. All your cravings, whims and fancies are catered for by world class chefs. Most importantly, you will have a large selection of champagnes and wines
- Do relax – The Island is a little piece of heaven, separated from the rush of the modern world. You will find yourself surrounded by nature, lazing around for days to the sound of lapping waves.
The island neighbours the Great Barrier Reef, and is an exotic picture of relaxation and romance. With beautiful sceneries, jaw-dropping food, and VIP-level privacy, Bedarra Island is an once-in-a-lifetime island honeymoon destination worthy of multiple visits.
For walking out on sugar White sands, taking each other’s hand in hand and having moonlight lazy walks under star- studded skies and coddling zen like pampering at splendour resorts the newlyweds post wedding break will probably be one of the kind and the most enduring one for the newlyweds. Reclusive sun drenched sand retain to be a Great attraction for the loved ones. Couples in appealing destinations can outrigger through ravel mangroves, take languid walks along nature, aisles snorkel in the mild gulf waters, and much more.
Places which are always a big hitter for honeymoon
Amazing tropical honeymoon destinations tie the deal for honeymooners who look for sun kissed romance without the glamour. Many hotspots are flawless for unabashed pleasant in the sun. Laded with free delight the tropical places offers extravagant facilities, idyllic settings and gourmet cuisines. Honeymooners are greeted with the bottle of gassy, breakfast in bed and the nocturnal turndown and serviceability with fresh flowers fronds.
Celebrating the amity by soaking in each other’s company
Honeymooners’ fantasies never get satisfied. Tropical places act as a magnet for newlyweds who ardour together on bizarre tropical climate. Secluded points of places are for the newlyweds who desire to tour off the beaten path. Alluring coastlines spotted with glamorous styles, overwhelming hideaway, enticing scenery and the fusion of love and beauty that is all something every loved up duo lifetime should enjoy.
Incredible vacation making unlimited memories
Couples can enjoy rambling on the blazing shores, indulge in kneading or enjoy water sports. Couples can dream up their honeymoon special by having a stay in water villas. Quite cinch on pocket but laden with everlasting recollection, tropical destinations offers the perfect place to start the love. Admiring the pleasures of feast, shopping and other ventures with your soul mate. One holiday barely seems satisfactory for the recreation at these places. Every delight that anyone has fancied for vacation with your partner is available at every tropical destination.
Everyone on this earth likes to take a break from the monotonous life, especially when one is newlywed. Honeymoon is much needed escape for the newly married couple after months of tiring wedding preparations. For couples, it is a trip of lifetime, a completely rejuvenating and the first long, exotic trip which they take together after getting hitched. There are few things which the couples should keep in mind while planning a honeymoon, they are;
- Planning in Advance- It is always better to start first thing first. Couples must start planning for their honeymoon as early as they fix the date of their marriage. The earlier one starts planning for the better it is as to get the best available prices of the accommodations and travel tickets. The best time probably for booking honeymoon is around six to eight months prior to the trip. Couples should also keep in mind that the premium rooms of specialized resort at most romantic honeymoon destinations get booked up early.
- Budgeting for honeymoon – Setting aside a budget for honeymoon is a very wise idea which many couples follow. Many couples even start segregating money every month from their salaries for their honeymoon. As weddings are very costly affair that one must not feel tempted to take out some amount from the honeymoon budget.
Honeymoon doesn’t mean very lavish location or very exotic resort, rather it can be defined as a faraway land where the couples spend time together while knowing each other better.
A honeymoon is filled with so many expectations, be it regarding the partner or the place. It's probably one of the most expensive, most anticipated trips couples take in their lifetime. It depends on the couple how do they choose, since many places have similar features like, a spa, good food, one or more pools, luxurious cozy rooms etc.,couples should be very clear in their mind regarding what they what and the type they want. There are many destinations from which they can choose. Some of the types are;
- An Island Destination- Island Honeymoon Destinations are for the beach bums who love sand, bask in the sun, surf, and have lots of drinks with little umbrellas on top. Island destination is a perfect choice for honeymooners looking for a place where they can walk down the beach in bare feet and also choose from adventures like fishing, kayaking and diving.
- Safari- These kind of honeymoon destination is exclusively for the ardent animal lovers. Places like Zambia, Tanzania offer a very good safari to the couples. It also offers a diversity of landscapes and experiences, from luxurious lodges to sleeping under the stars, and from spotting the lion, leopard, rhinoceros, elephant, giraffe, deer, wild buffalo etc.
- A Tropical Island- It is ideal for couples who are looking to live the dream. Hike the hills of the island, snorkel through the coral gardens or just lounge in the lap of luxury at one of the numerous luxury resorts in the tropical escape.