If you have been involved in a car accident than you probably need a car accident lawyer to help recover losses which have been caused due to motor vehicle accident. Most of the people hire a car accident lawyer after they have been involved in the car accident which resulted in the physical injury, or of monetary loss. In case of mild injury you can claim against the insurance company by yourself, but in case of major accidents you need the help of a car accident lawyer.
Reasons to consult a car accident lawyer:
- Severe injuries
- Long term or permanent disability injuries
- Disputed liabilities
- Refusal to pay
When to seek advice from the car accident lawyer:
- Liability is not clear or shared between both the parties
- You are unable to evaluate your claim
- The adjusters have asked you to provide medical records prior to the accident
- The adjuster is offering a settlement instead of money
- You are unable to negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- You have a claim of lost wages that is difficult to claim
What are all the legal options after a car accident?
- Liability insurance coverage of the driver at fault for the accident
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage
- Other options include: comprehensive, collisions and medical coverage.
Tips to hire a car accident lawyer:
- Focus on personal injury
- Car accident experience
- Attorneys reputation
- Dedications to your case
- Comfort level
Fees and expenses:
The fees and expenses of the car accident lawyer includes court fees, cost of serving, cost of obtaining medical records, court reporter fees, and expert witness fees. The fees of the lawyer depends on your case and the type of lawyer you are hiring.